Monday, December 7, 2009

Our weekend.......

We had a full weekend and it was nice. First Mike took me to see the movie "We're all Fine" or something like that. It made me cry, but I liked it's message.
Then on Saturday we went over to Mikes sisters, Kristen. To meet her new puppies. They got 2 Australian shepherds. They were darling, this is Toby he hung with us quite a bit.


Mike and Toby


Toby and his brother Tucker climbing on Guy. We caught them in the middle of Christmas decorating.



Mike sister and her entire family, are extremely artistic. Her Christmas tree is covered in hundreds of small handmade ornaments.  It is very pretty, and has lot's of history.




This is a wood ornament she carved, I loved the colors in the wood. 




This one she made it is of her youngest son's favorite stuffed animals, very sweet.




The coke can in this shot, has carved in it a Santa, and his sleigh, and reindeer. Kristen made the pretty red bird he really stands out.




She had lot's of these tiny baskets of fruit. Tiny!!!!



She picks cute things, with cute faces to make, like this little guy.




Now to me, some people have wanted to see a picture of me since I have lost a chunk of weight. So here is a picture we took Saturday night, before our ward Christmas party, which was a fun way to end our Saturday. Mike and I sat with 3 other couples. I told Mike "we made it to the grown up table! We didn't have to mess with our kids!" He said "Honey that means we are getting old!" I said, "There are certain things we earn from getting old, and nice conversation, without the kids needing us is one of them!"




Then Sunday I have been wanting to make a few recipes that are very naughty and so I did. I made this chicken that was called Heavenly Chicken, it is cooked in butter and seasoning.




Then I caramelized some corn. I used to go eat at a Mexican food place in Arizona and they had the best roasted corn. It is not the same, but it wasn't bad.




After I cooked the chicken in butter, I shredded it and added cream cheese and some other stuff, naughty!

Then there was a brownie recipe, that you melt 6 milky way candy bars with butter and pour it over brownies. Naughty, naughty!



Now it's spread over the brownies before you cook them.




The candy bar sauce makes a caramel sauce it was yummy!




Jon brought the girls over, Erin wasn't feeling well, she missed out on the naughty dinner! But Elizabeth
liked the chicken and rice.




We enjoyed the kids and then Jon got them ready for bed. It is about a 40 minute drive home.
I took Elizabeth's picture and after I took it she smiled. So I snapped another one. She is also getting very good at giving looks. A little to good. I feel for the man in her life. He will see it in her eye's if he displeases her!:-)


Issy was showing me her new boots, they light up.


Papa was getting kisses before he helped Jon get the girls to the car. She gives sweet kisses!



It was a very nice weekend!

4 comments:

K said...

It was so fun to see you guys. It's always a lively conversation and good company. And the light show later was fabulous. Mike is so brilliant - and he hides it SO WELL. Many kisses -

Ginna said...

how fun!! I love seeing the photos of my parents house and stuff. And you look amazing. So beautiful! I hope we get to see you all soon.

RobinfromCA said...

You are looking mighty fine Ms. Lorena! The ornaments Mike's sister makes are amazing! What an incredible amount of work must go into doing all of those. I hope you guys have a great Christmas. It will surely be white if current weather keeps up! We may even get a dusting here believe it or not! Santa Cruz Mountains and surrounding foothills had some this morning. (The puppy princess does not like to piddle on the crunchy cold lawn - definitely no dawdling these days, she wants to go back in quick!)

Family....That's what it's all about! :) said...

I just have one question....how can you post a picture of you looking SO GOOD and follow that by OODLES of fattening foods! ha... I was like..okay...look at her..she looks wonderful......motivation!!! THEN.......what to my wandering eyes did appear.... FOOD galore that I cant get near! ha.... :) Oh it all looked so good...but not near as good as you looked. Keep up the great works...you are turning into one hot looking grannie...hah... :) Love those babies.... :)